Friday, March 03, 2006

Rational Fear.

I spent an hour today searching for a baby huntsman that I wasn’t sure even existed. I’d only just gotten home, and the light was off. Something did move, I knew that much.

I gave my place a good cleaning, throwing clothes that have been waiting in queue for a wash into the basket, and put some scattered papers and articles away- so as the huntsman couldn’t slip under them, hide for a month and emerge- bigger and more bloodthirsty- to bite my precious wannabe banker fingers.

I then went onto beating the absolute shit out of the floorboards with a broom- to scare it away if it had slipped under and out of my sight.

Anyway, to the point:

Is my fear of the global Islamofascist movement based on the same assumptions as my fear of this baby huntsman in the dark? Is the left correct to say that Bush’s War on Terror is a Republican grab for money, oil, and power? Is The Howard just an arse licker following Bushnik neo-conservative domestic and foreign policies?

Hmm. No.

Firstly, I reminded myself that calling anyone an arse-licker is a form of ad hominem argument that should only stiffen my opposition to the left.

Secondly, and quite simply, there are cheaper ways for the Republicans to grab money, oil and power.

Thirdly, the international neo-conservative movement hasn’t exactly made any long-lasting changes to Western societies. Our kids are still not studying Christianity as an absolute truth in public schools. Creationism has proven itself irrelevant.

And lastly, in any light, the Islamofascist movement clearly isn’t RWDB fiction.

I did kill the huntsman, by the way. Absolutely crushed him- and my room is clean!

* This post was submitted by an old college mate, currently studying at Ballarat and working at a local credit union. Yes- this individual is a little crazy.

** If you would like to submit a post to be published, feel free to send us an email. We do discriminate though, you have to be right wing, and preferably Tasmanian. Lefties can go here.

No comments: