Thursday, February 23, 2006

Elitist Greens, breeding Tasmanians.

Too busy to post anything special on the Tasmanian election. About the only thing I can mention is that I spotted Elise Archer shopping today, if she wasn’t so damn fast, I would have stopped her for a chat!

I was going to comment in depth on how the Greens are aiming for the youth vote with their pod casts (it was in The Mercury not long ago)- I was going to mention that it is interesting a party which moans about mass poverty and the plight of the ‘underpaid’ working class etc. etc., will rely on a $200-600 iPod to get their message across. The word ‘elitist’ comes to mind. Subsequently, the term ‘dickheads’ pops up, when I think of the things that disgusting party would do with the tax I pay (last week; a whopping $140 out of a gross $500)...

Rant aside, take a look at this in The Mercury:

Tasmanian women have an above-average birth rate -- 1.9 children for each woman of child-bearing age compared with a national rate of 1.6.

Come on Aussie, come on- catch up!

As The Mercury points out- that’s what happens when you offer a $4000 handout to anyone who breeds.

No comments: